On Episode 52, we talk with Francesca Gino, the Tandon Family Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School. She has been honored as one of the world’s top 40 business professors under 40 by Poets and Quants. And she has a new book out called Rebel Talent—Why It Pays to Break the Rules at Work and In Life. You fancy yourself a rebel, or have some rebels in your company? Listen closely to my chat with Francesca.
Of course, you can listen here on our website, at ConfessionsofaMarketer.com, anytime. But don't forget to subscribe to Confessions of a Marketer on your favorite podcast service. We're available pretty much anywhere you listen, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Overcast, Pocketcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and Castro. Oh, and here's our RSS feed.
Cover and header image from Flickr, public domain.
- Rebel Talent — Award-winning Harvard Business School professor Francesca Gino shows us why the most successful among us break the rules, and how rebellion brings joy and meaning into our lives.
- Osteria Francescana — Twelve tables in the heart of Modena. Italian hospitality is in the details, the ironed tablecloths and the polished silver. It is an ensemble of gestures that define a way of life. The table is where the journey begins.
- Chef Massimo Bottura — My name is Massimo Bottura. I am an Italian chef born in Modena.I grew up under the kitchen table at my grandmother Ancella’s knees. That is where appetite begins for me. Inspiration comes from the world around me – from art, music, slow food and fast cars. Catch the flash in the dark because it only passes once. Expect the unexpected.
- Pal's Sudden Service — Pal's Sudden Service is one of America's leading quick-service restaurant chains. Incredible food, lightning-fast drive thrus, and personalized service are what make a visit to a Pal's a one-of-a-kind experience. The first restaurant chain in the country to earn the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, Pal’s and its 1,100 employees are solely dedicated to delighting you with every visit. Next time you’re hungry, try the Pal's experience.
- Sully Sullenberger — Chesley B. “Sully” Sullenberger, III has been dedicated to the pursuit of safety for his entire adult life. While he is best known for serving as Captain during what has been called the “Miracle on the Hudson,” Sullenberger is a safety expert, speaker, and author. He currently serves on the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Advisory Committee for Automation in Transportation. He still flies privately.
- The Rebel Test — Call to mind the thoughts and feelings you typically have regarding your job or in your personal life. You will be asked to consider 30 pairs of statements. For each pair, choose whether “A” or “B” is most characteristic of your behavior.